Friday, July 11, 2008

recent activities, early 2008

With the Winter Term coming to a close, a lot of people are asking me about my plans for the summer. It promises, as usual, to be a busy few months.

April will be dominated by the marking of the Final Examinations for both the courses I teach at Trent University, Human inequality in global perspective and Agrarian change and the global politics of food. In addition, sometime in late April I should be receiving the proofs of my next book, again co-edited with C Kay, and entitled Peasants and Globalization: Political Economy, Rural Transformation and the Agrarian Question.

I am currently working on a review essay on the World Bank's World Development Report 2008: Agriculture for Development. Once that is completed, I owe Development and Change a book review, as well as a note for the Critical Development Studies Network (www.critdev.org) on rural development. Once these tasks are finished, I will commence work on my next book. I will, of course, be attending the annual meetings of the Canadian Association for the Study of International Development and the Editorial Board meeting of the Canadian Journal of Development Studies.

In terms of professional activities, there is nothing solid that has emerged, but a few things are in the pipeline: watch this space.



No comments: