Monday, December 19, 2016

Recent activities, fall 2016

As we get going into the 2016 -17 academic year, it will be very busy. In addition to my normal teaching at Trent University, which includes IDST 1001H, Human inequality in global perspective and IDST - SAFS - ANTH - GEOG - SOCI 2500H, The world food system, I will be acting as an internal examiner on a Trent University cultural studies PhD dissertation in early October -- the first time I have examined a cultural studies doctoral dissertation. In October I will travel once more to Uganda, to undertake advisory services on engendering agricultural and rural development policies and programmes in the forthcoming national budget. In November I will travel to the South Asian University in Delhi, to deliver a keynote address at a conference, and in December I will travel to the Free University in Berlin to also deliver a keynote address. From that point on, I will start my half-sabbatical; only the second one that I have had in 30 years of teaching. During my sabbatical I plan to work on my next book, Feast or Famine? Can Small Farmers Feed the World? I will do some of that work at China Agricultural University in Beijing, and some of it at the Free University in Berlin.  Of course, work as Editor-in-Chief of the Canadian Journal of Development Studies is ongoing, as is work as Associate Editor of Feminist Economics.

2 comments:

Hotel Sita International said...

Hotels Near New Delhi Railway Station, Hotel Near New Delhi Railway Station, Budget Hotel Central Delhi Budget Hotel In Delhi, Budget Hotel Near New Delhi Railway Station, Hotels In Central Delhi,
Budget Hotel Central Delhi
Budget Hotels In Delhi Paharganj

Mahalyasree said...

It’s really amazing that we can record what our visitors do on our site. Thanks for sharing this awesome guide. I’m happy that I came across with your site this article is on point,thanks again and have a great day. Keep update more information..
Office Interior Designers in Coimbatore
Office Interior Designers in Bangalore
Office Interior Designers in Hyderabad