Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Recent activities, fall 2013

As usual, the end of the summer brings about a flurry of work-related activities.  Of course, there is teaching, at Trent University: the Blackboard sites for my two fall term courses, IDST 1000Y 'Human inequality in global perspective' and IDST - ANTH - SAFS 2500H, 'The world food system', are ready and teaching starts on Thursday 5 September.  The fall term is also the busiest time of year for me, in terms of my administrative responsibilities as Chair of the Department of International Development Studies.  In terms of scholarly activity, there will be a lot of it.  In mid-September I will be at Yale University's conference on Food Sovereignty: A Critical Dialogue, where I will deliver a paper, and in November I will act as Esau Distinguished Visiting Professor at Menno Simons College, which is part of the University of Winnipeg.  Other talks are probable as I continue to promote my most recent book, Hungry for Change: Farmers, Food Justice and the Agrarian Question.  Finally, work continues on my long-delayed book project, An Introduction to Feminist Economics: Foundations, Theories and Policies, which is being co-written with Nicky Pouw and which will be published by Routledge.  In terms of my advisory work, I will continue in my role as a Gender and Poverty Adviser to the United Nations Development Programme's Gender Team as they continue to roll out the Global Gender and Economic Policy Management Initiative in the Asia-Pacific region.  I will spend some time in Seoul as part of that work in October.  There is also the possibility of some work with UN Women, as I have done quite a lot with them over the course of the past year, and a major project with which I am closely involved is being developed by the UN Capital Development Fund.  The next 4 months will, as ever, be busy.

No comments:

Blog Archive