Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Recent activities, fall 2015

I am already three weeks into the 2015 - 2016 academic year, and things have been happening very quickly these past few weeks. I have started my fall term teaching at the University while also attending to the myriad details that have to be completed at the start of the year by chairs of departments at Trent University. While this has taken up the majority of my time, this weekend I will head to Halifax to offer comments on two papers being delivered at an international workshop entitled "Can genetically modified crops help the poor". At the same time I am working on a slightly overdue book review for the Journal of Peasant Studies and working on evaluating a number of papers that I collated for panels at the annual conference of the International Association for Feminist Economics in Berlin in July, to see whether these are publishable.  Of course, work as Editor-in-Chief of the Canadian Journal of Development Studies is ongoing. Finally, there is a strong possibility that I will once more be heading for Uganda in late October to do more work for UN Women on engendering economic policy.

Fall is always busy.

No comments: